A Student Education Plan (SEP) is a document that you and your counselor create together showing the courses and activities planned to reach your academic and career goals.
An SEP should be developed even before you start your first semester at RC and then updated throughout your enrollment in college.
An SEP can help ensure you take courses and participate in services that align with your goals to graduate, transfer, and increase your skills for employment.
Abbreviated SEP (SEPA) - If you complete an SEPA, you will have a plan that includes 1-2 semesters of work, and you can receive a priority registration date.
Comprehensive SEP (SEPC) - If you completes an SEPC, you will have a plan that includes everything you need to complete your college goal. You may be eligible for an even earlier registration date once you complete 18 units and have an SEPC.
Updated SEP (SEPU) – If you have changed your major, want to add a certificate or have taken different courses than what is on your current SEP, you should see a counselor to update your SEP?
Any counselor can assist you with developing an SEP, however, we encourage you to review the list below to help you decide who you should schedule an appointment to meet with:
- Reedley College Pathways Appointment
If you have a Reedley College major on your student record, you are assigned to a Pathway. When you log into Starfish, you will see the pathway service your major is associated with in “My Services”. You can schedule an appointment to meet with one of the pathway counselors through that service.
- General Counseling Appointment
If you do not currently have a Reedley College major on your student record or you are not sure what your major is and you are not a participant in any programs listed below, you may schedule to meet with a Reedley College General Counselor. When you log into Starfish, search in Other Services for the Reedley College General Counseling service, where you can schedule an appointment to meet with one of our counselors.
- Student Athletes, DSPS, EOPS, CalWORKs, Veterans, Honors, SSS or another Special Program
If you are a participant with any of the above mentioned programs or any other special counseling programs, request an SEP directly from your program office. When you log into Starfish, you will see the program service(s) you are associated with in “My Services” and see information about how to schedule an appointment to meet with a program counselor.
High School Enrichment or Dual Enrollment Students:
If you are currently enrolled in High School and taking college courses through Dual Enrollment or High School Enrichment, please schedule an appointment with one of our Special Admit Counselors. To schedule an appointment, call (559) 638-0330 or email email@example.com
- To complete a Certificate of Achievement (CA) or Certificate Program (CN) you must complete the Major requirements only. The number of units required for each certificate varies.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
- To complete an Associate Degree (AA/AS) at Reedley College, you must complete the Major Requirements and one of the General Education patterns (Reedley College General Education, CSU GE Pattern or IGETC Pattern). You will complete a minimum of 60 units to receive an associate degree.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE for Transfer (ADT) REQUIREMENTS
- To complete an Associate Degree For Transfer (AA-T/AS-T) at Reedley College, you must complete the Major Requirements and one of the General Education Transfer Requirement patterns (CSU GE or IGETC). You will complete a minimum of 60 transferrable units to receive an ADT.