High School Enrichment Application
The Reedley College High School Enrichment Program is designed to provide potential high school students in the 11th and 12th grades an opportunity for advanced scholastic college level coursework.
High School Enrichment Registration Packet (PDF)
Email your completed HSE packet to email@example.com. All packets must be accompanied by a current high school transcript (unofficial).
Counseling hours -
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Phone: (559) 494-3505
- Take classes at Reedley College with other college students
- Earn college credit
High school students in the 11th and 12th grades who can benefit from advanced scholastic or vocational work may be eligible to enroll in college courses and receive college credit through the High School Enrichment Program (HSE), if their high school is participating in the college program. Effective Fall 2008, tuition is waived for students participating in the HSE Program.
To qualify for HSE a student must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least a 2.5
- Obtain approval from the high school principal, a high school counselor, and a parent.
- The student must have exhausted all opportunities to enroll in an equivalent course at their High School, including attempts to enroll in Advanced Placement (AP) High School courses.
- The student must meet all the necessary prerequisites for any course in which they wish to enroll
All courses listed in the Reedley College schedule are available to the HSE student, providing these courses are not offered or are not generally available at the high school campus. Online classes need the approval of the Reedley College Vice President of Instruction (see application link below for specific instructions).
High School Enrichment Application Process
High School Enrichment students are students who will be attending college while still enrolled in high school. Students wanting to take college courses while in high school may apply for admission online when the application opens for a specific term (see dates below).
HIGH SCHOOL ENRICHMENT APPLICATION OPENS
Summer & Fall
High School Enrichment Students must also complete and submit the “High School Enrichment Program Application Packet.” This includes signed forms from parent and high school principal. Packet link at top of this page.
Please Note: HSE students wishing to take an English or Math class must meet with any RC counselor prior to selecting one of those classes. The placement test is no longer required.
Please Note: Acceptance into the HSE program does not guarantee course placement.
- HSE students are now allowed to register for classes on the first day of open enrollment for the semester they are interested in enrolling (the date for open enrollment may be found in the schedule of classes for the semester you wish to enroll in).
- HSE students must attend class on the first day of instruction.
- HSE students will only be allowed to register for a course if they have been accepted into the HSE program, space is available and if they are eligible for the course.
Note: Students should meet with their High School counselor to determine eligibility for a particular course and the enrichment program before attending any Reedley College course on the first day of instruction.