Financial Aid Programs

The term "financial aid" refers to any form of aid meant to assist a student in meeting the costs of higher education. Financial aid can come in the form of grantsscholarships, or work-study. Generally, each form of financial aid has varying deadlines, application processes, and eligibility requirements. Read about How to Apply for Financial Aid.


As a first-year student, your enrollment fees may be covered for up to two school years if you meet the following requirements:

  1. Be a first-time college student and California resident. Students who take college courses while still in high school are considered first-time college students.
  2. Enroll in a minimum of 12 units for the semester at Reedley College (and/or any of the colleges/centers in State Center Community College District).
  3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for US Citizens and eligible non-citizens, or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) for undocumented students.

Read more about attending Reedley College for Free!

  • For students who have not yet received a bachelor’s degree
  • Amount varies from student to student and is awarded on an annual basis
  • Payment is based on the number of units enrolled in and attending and is paid via check or direct deposit generally twice per semester
  • Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive payment
  • Each student has a lifetime limit of up to six, full-time annual Pell Grant awards, or 600%
  • Award is a need-based grant 

What is a Pell Grant?

Learn more about Federal Pell Grant.

Federal Aid

  • Must be repaid
  • Must be enrolled in at least six units of non-remedial/non-ESL coursework
  • In addition to the completed file, the student must complete online entrance counseling and sign a promissory note.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive payment

Read more about Federal Direct Student Loans.

  • Award is a need-based grant

  • Amount varies from student to student and is awarded once every academic school year

  • Payment is based on the number of units enrolled in and attending and is paid via check or direct deposit generally once per semester

  • Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive payment

What is an FSEOG?

Learn more about the FSEOG

  • Initially awarded to a student who indicates on their FAFSA that they are interested in student employment
  • Starting July 1st, offered on a first-come/first-served basis until all funds are exhausted
  • Requires at least six units of enrollment and is paid via check or direct deposit on the 10th of each month
  • Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress 

What is a Federal Work-Study job?

Read more about Federal Work-Study

State Aid

(Formerly known as Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver)

  • Must be a California Resident or AB-540 eligible as determined by the Admissions and Records Office (contact Admissions and Records for residency questions)
  • Awarded automatically if you have a valid FAFSA or Dream Act application on file with RC and you meet income requirements
  • Awarded by completing a paper CCPG application by meeting income criteria, receiving public assistance, or meeting special category criteria

Regulations Effective Fall 2015

  • Must sustain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
  • Must complete more than 50 percent of your cumulative coursework
  • If you are below these standards for two consecutive terms (summer excluded), you may lose your grant eligibility

What is a California College Promise Grant?

Read more about the California Promise Grant.

Not a US Citizen or Permanent resident? Want to apply for financial aid, but cannot apply for federal aid due to your immigration status? Have you attended a California High School for three full years and graduated from a California High School or received your GED or passed the high school equivalency exam in California? You may be eligible for state financial aid under the California Dream Act.

What is the California Dream Act?

Read more about the California Dream Act

Cal Grants are offered by the State of California to students attending eligible California institutions of higher education.  The Cal Grant program is administered by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).  Grants are funds that do not have to be repaid as long as you complete your courses successfully.

Cal Grant A & B can generally cover up to 4 years of full-time attendance (typically 2 years of that at a community college). In order to graduate within 4 years, a student must take at least 15 units per semester.

What is a Cal Grant?

Read more about the Cal Grant

The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a partnership between Reedley College and Fresno County Employment & Temporary Assistance (E&TA).  Fresno County Department of Social Services provide services to people on cash aid who qualify for the program. Eligibility is determined by Fresno County E&TA.  CalWORKs participants attend an orientation conducted by the CalWORKs staff. Students will receive information about the requirements and expectations. At that time, an appointment is scheduled with a CalWORKs counselor. The counselor will assist the student with registering for school, determining a class schedule, and providing support and guidance through the academic experience. Students are required to meet with the CalWORKs counselor at least once every semester to maintain eligibility.

The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a comprehensive program that actively assists students pursuing academic and vocational goals that require additional financial and academic assistance. Below are a list of services provided to eligible students.

  • Support Services
  • EOPS Grants
  • Book Vouchers
  • Academic Counseling
  • Tutorial Services
  • C.A.R.E. (Childcare Assistance for Single Parents on TANF

Chafee Grant

If you are or were in foster care, have financial need and are under 27 years old, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training or college. You don't have to pay this money back. You may also be able to use your grant to help pay for childcare, transportation, and rent while you're in school. You can use your Chafee Grant at any eligible California college or university or career or technical school, as well as schools in other states.

For further information about the California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth and to apply online visit Chafee Grant.

Students must complete a FAFSA or CA Dream Act application.

    Other eligibility criteria: 

  • Requires at least six units of enrollment each term (excluding Summer)
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress 
  • Have available unmet need as determined by FAFSA or CA Dream Act
  • Eligible students can be hired for on-campus positions where job duties include assisting in research. 
  • There are also positions at off-campus sites through outside employers.

The Reedley College Scholarship Program has helped students attending Reedley College to achieve their educational goals. Scholarships are a financial resource provided by local businesses, community groups, alumni, and a variety of private sources. Scholarships are limited funds and awarded on a competitive and/or special criteria basis, such as grade point average or academic major. Our donors designate specific criteria based on academic achievement, educational and career goals, and financial need. Awards range from $250 to $1,500 per year.

What is the Community College Student Success Completion Grant?

  • Provides students with additional financial aid to help offset the cost of California Community College attendance and encourages completion at a faster pace
  • Award is based on student financial need
  • To qualify a student must be a recipient of a Cal Grant 
  • Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • The student must be a California resident or exempt from paying nonresident tuition
  • The student must be enrolled in at least 12 units per term for the Student Success Completion Grant 1 and 15 units per term for the Student Success Completion Grant 2