Reedley College understands that veterans, military members, and their families have unique needs and is dedicated to assisting this special population adjust to the rigors of community college and support their academic success. The following programs and services outline our continued efforts to assist veterans, military members, and their families.
Support Team Members
- Veterans School Certifying Official – Miette Sasselli 559-638-0300 ext. 3102 (Admissions and Records Office)
- Veterans Counselor @ RC - Sue Vang 638-0300 ext. 3337 (Counseling & Advising)
- Veterans Counselor @ Madera & Oakhurst - Gracie Spear 675-4800 & 683-3940 (Counseling)
- Veterans with Disabilities Liaison - Linda Reither 638-0332 (DSPS)
- Veterans with Disabilities Liaison - Ashley Calhoun 638-0332 (DSPS)
The Reedley College Veterans Center (VC) is designed to inform and support Veterans, military members, and their families while at Reedley College. The VC is:
- Located in the Student Center #105
- Summer Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Sue Vang, Counselor - General and Veterans)
- Staffed by college staff, student employees, and veterans.
The goal of the VC is to provide a welcoming environment for all who visit and resources to assist veteran students adjust, navigate, and succeed at Reedley College. The VC includes:
- Information on veterans services, financial resources, military education benefits, scholarships
- Veteran event and activity notification
- Guidance and referral assistance to support programs
- Computers with adaptive technology
- Veterans Club Meetings
- Tutors are available on upon request
- Lounge Area
- Academic Counseling Services
- Employment and volunteer resources
Reedley College encourages current or prospective students, who are veterans, military members or family members to contact the VC for assistance and/or to answer any questions you may have.
Veterans Center Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterans Center Phone: (559) 638-0300, ext. 3400