University of California (UC) Transfer Resources

UC LogoUC State Map of College Locations

The Universities of California (UC) look to serve all those who work hard and dream big. Through their teaching, research and public service students are making a difference. 

To be eligible for UC admission, students must fulfill both of the following:

  1. Complete 60 semester (90 quarter) units of transferable college credit with a GPA of at least 2.4 (2.8 for nonresidents). No more than 14 semester (21 quarter) units may be taken Pass/Not Pass.

Exception: If your college/university only awards Pass credit, you are not subject to this limitation for your attendance at that institution.

  1. Complete the following course pattern requirements:
  • Two transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) in English composition (Areas 1A and 1B);
  • One transferable college course (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units) in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning (Area 2A);
  • Four transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) chosen from at least two of the following subject areas (Areas 3, 4, 5):
    • Arts and Humanities
    • Social and Behavioral Sciences
    • Physical and Biological Sciences

Keep in mind:

  • Each course must be worth at least 3 semester or 4 quarter units.
  • Students need to earn a grade of C or better in each course or a Pass (P) grade if pass is equivalent to a C (2.00)
  • AP exam scores of 3, 4, or 5 may be used in appropriate subject areas (exception: only one of the two English courses required can be satisfied by an AP exam score)

The best way to look into a UC and determine if it is the right fit for you is to visit: UC Admissions

  1. How do you know what courses to take for your major? Visit for lower division major course requirements.
  2. When do I start my UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP)? ASAP! This will begin your communication with the UCs. TAP
  3. How do I get a Student Educational Plan (SEP)? Make an appointment with your Pathway or Program counselor to create your SEP.
  4. What do I say to the counselor to make sure I am getting the right courses for my goal? Explain your educational, career and transfer goal(s). The counselor will use the IGETC general education requirements (if applicable) and review major prep courses on to determine comparable courses related to your major.

2021 – 2022






Winter/spring 2022 application opens for Merced, Riverside and Santa Cruz



Application opens for applicants for fall 2022



Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) application cycle for fall 2022 term



Filing period for FAFSA and Cal Grant Verification Form opens for applicants to all terms (filing period open through March 2, 2022)



Fall 2022 admission application filing period for all applicants. Complete and submit UC application @



Online application update opens for transfer applicants to report final fall grades and in-progress or planned coursework (priority deadline is January 31)



Notification of fall 2022 admission decisions begins



Deadline for applicants for all terms to submit financial aid application and Cal Grant GPA Verification Form



Notification of fall 2022 admission decisions complete



Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) application for winter/spring term



Deadline for admitted transfer students to submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR)



For students admitted for fall 2022: final, official transcripts must be sent to the university admissions office. Transcripts must be postmarked or electronically submitted on or before July 1.



Official AP, IB examination results must be sent to the campus admissions office. Test scores must be postmarked or electronically submitted on or before July 15.


*In lieu of an in-person workshop, please review the following guide and prerecorded webinar to assist you in completing the UC application.

UC Transfer Guide (PDF)

UC Transfer Application Webinar

**Upon completion of the webinar, if you are still in need of assistance to complete and/or submit your application, sign up here or on Starfish for an Application Assistance appointment.

2021-2022 IGETC (PDF)

Completion of all IGETC requirements will permit a student to become eligible to transfer from a community college to the University of California system. The student will not be required to complete additional lower division general education courses after transfer.

It should be noted that completion of the IGETC is not a requirement for admission to the UC, nor is it the only way to fulfill the lower-division general education requirements prior to transfer. Depending on a student’s major, it may be advantageous to fulfill the UC’s general education requirements or those of the particular campus, school or college to which the student plans to transfer. This applies generally to high-unit majors.

The course requirements for all areas must be completed before the IGETC can be certified. All courses must be completed with grades of “C” or better.

2021-2022 IGETC Sheet

2020-2021 IGETC Sheet

Contact a counselor if you are looking for a previous year's IGETC sheets.

All counselors at Reedley College can help you understand what you need to do to transfer! Refer to your Pathway or Special Program counselor or sign up to meet with a Transfer Counselor.

Students may also contact UC representatives to find out campus-specific transfer information.