Complete 60 transferable units with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA or better. The 60 transferable units will be a combination of the following:
- 30 units of general education courses with “C” or better grades, including Communication (Area A1), Written Communication (Area A2), Critical Thinking (Area A3) and Transfer Level Mathematics (Area B4)
- Major Preparation courses. For information on major specific courses visit www.ASSIST.org
- Transferable electives, if needed
As always, students should meet with a counselor to have an SEP (Student Educational Plan) completed.
The CSU General Education Pattern isn't appropriate for all majors. For example, Liberal Studies (Elementary Teacher) and Engineering majors should use the Liberal Studies Program or Engineering major sheet. Do not use the CSU General Education Pattern. See a counselor regularly for current information and assistance as you plan your program.
Fall Term Application Period: October 1 - November 30
Spring Term Application Period: August 1 – 31
Winter Term Application Period: June 1 – 30
Note: Not all CSU campuses are open for spring or winter terms.
Please read all steps
- Gather all college transcripts, test scores (AP, IB, TOEFL, CLEP, etc.) and your social security number (if you have one) to be able to fully complete the application.
- Begin the application by completing your personal information section via the CSU application website link https://www2.calstate.edu/apply .
- Complete the CSU Transfer Application Webinar. (Coming Soon!)
- Upon completion of the webinar, if you need assistance completing and/or submitting your application, sign up here for a CSU Application Virtual Counseling Assistance session.
The CSU General Education-Breadth program allows California community college transfer students to fulfill lower division general education requirements for any CSU campus prior to transfer. This curriculum provides an alternative to IGETC requirements and to the campus specific university GE-Breadth requirements. It is important to note that CSU GE-Breadth certification is not an admission requirement, nor does completion guarantee admission to the campus or program of choice.
Up to 39 of the 48 GE-Breadth units required can be transferred from and certified by a California community college. Students who are certified with 39 semester units of lower division GE-Breadth units cannot be held to additional lower division GE courses at the CSU campus. Upon enrollment at CSU, all transfer students will be required to complete a minimum of 9 semester units of upper division general education.
Students without certification may be held to the general education pattern developed for CSU students which may vary greatly from the community college CSU-GE Breadth pattern.
Contact a counselor for previous years GE sheets.
All counselors at Reedley College can help you understand what you need to do to transfer! Refer to your Pathway or Special Program counselor or sign up to meet with a Transfer Counselor.