Direct Loan Workshop
The Direct Loan Entrance Counseling Overview presentation provides important information for students interested in taking out student loans. Please press play to begin the video. After the video has ended, answer a brief survey which will be emailed to our office. Be sure to include your full name and student ID number. Please complete the remaining loan instructions listed below the video and submit all documents to the financial aid office for processing.
The deadline to apply for a student loan is Friday, April 17, 2020. If you are interested in applying for a student loan for Fall 2020, the application period will begin Monday, July 6, 2020. You must have a complete financial aid file and have received a 2020-2021 Financial Aid Award Letter email to begin the loan process.
Loan Borrower Instructions
Log in to the Federal Student Aid Student Loans site with your FSA ID and complete the following:
- Loan Entrance Counseling- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling for Undergraduates for Reedley College. Print* a copy of your completed Loan Entrance Counseling confirmation page (located under ‘View My Documents’, select loan counseling and print Entrance Counseling) and attach it to the loan questionnaire.
- Financial Awareness Counseling- Print* a copy of your completed Financial Awareness Counseling confirmation page (located under ‘View My Documents’, select loan counseling and print Financial Awareness) and attach to the loan questionnaire.
- Master Promissory Note- Complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Reedley College. Print* a copy of pages 1 and 2 of your completed MPN after you hit the “submit” button and attach it to the loan questionnaire.
You may also save web pages as a PDF and email them to our office. Instructions are:
- Select Print
- Change the printer to “Save as PDF/Adobe PDF”
- Name the file and save it to a location you can find later. Attach the file in your email
Provide a copy of your financial aid history
- Go to https://nslds.ed.gov/nslds/nslds_SA/ print* out your Financial Aid Review. You will need your FSA ID to log in. This review will show how much financial aid you have used, including grants and loans, from all schools.
Submit all requested documents to the Reedley College Financial Aid Office
- Complete a Direct Loan Questionnaire and submit a copy of your completed documents from Step 1 and Step 2 for processing. (If you are emailing your forms, you must call the Financial Aid Office to verify receipt of them).
- Once your Direct Loan is processed, an award email will be sent to your Reedley College email account.