Why Study Dental Assisting at RC
Provides a background in bio dental sciences and practical training in dental office business procedures, chairside assisting, oral x-ray technology, coronal polish, and manipulation of dental materials.
Courses and Programs
Helping and caring for people and working with your hands as well as your mind, Dental Assisting could be the career for you! Reedley College graduates are prepared to receive multiple job opportunities.
- Students can be finished as quick as nine months with a Certificate of Achievement
- Classes begin in mid-August and end in mid-May of the following year
- Courses are approved by the Dental Board of California
- We cover: bio-dental sciences, dental specialties, radiology, pit and fissure sealants, and coronal polishing
- The combination of laboratory, lectures, and clinic hours prepare students to take the state licensing examination and become a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
- The program works closely with the dental community in the region to provide the student with 170 hours of work experience in a dental office
Dental Assisting Degree and Certificate Programs:
|Program Map||DEGREE / CERTIFICATE|
|Dental Assisting (AS)||Associates of Science (AS)|
|Dental Assisting (CA)||Certificate of Achievement (CA)|
Program maps represent one possible pathway through the program and are for reference only. Detailed information is available in the course catalog.
Students should make a counseling appointment to create a customized education plan to fit their needs.