|Fall Semester (August to December)
International Student Steps to Success
To join our International Program, you must be 18 years old before the start of the semester for which you are applying.
- You will first create an OpenCCC account to begin an application (if you have never applied through CCCApply).
- If you have any issues with logging into your existing OpenCCC account, the helpdesk is available to assist and can be reached at 1.877.247.4836
- While logged into your OpenCCC account, click Start A New Application to apply to Reedley College.
- If you have any issues completing/submitting the application, our helpdesk is available to assist and can be reached at 1.844.887.2223
Within 24-48 hours after you have applied online, you should receive an Admission Acknowledgement email from SCCCD Admissions & Records with your activated Student ID# and MyPortal login information. If you have not received an email after 48 hours, check your spam/junk folder. If it is not in the spam/junk folder, call the Reedley College Admissions & Records Office at (559) 494-3023 for assistance.
Once you receive your Student ID#, you can then log in to your student portal. Click on My Portal located at the top right of any webpage on the Reedley College website. Once you log in to your student portal you can access your Student Email, Canvas, Self-Service, and other useful tools.
In your student portal, open the Student Email app and follow the directions to activate your student email. Check your email daily as email is the primary way the college will communicate with you.
Your student ID # was included in your SCCCD International Student Welcome Email. Visit the Technology Help webpage for additional information.
Important: A pop up will appear the first time you log in to your portal to ask you to confirm/update your Communication Preferences. Students must update their Communication Preferences to enroll in emergency notifications and the password reset system (in case you are unable to login to your portal). This pop up will appear each time you log in to your portal until you update your preferences, so it is recommended you complete this step the first time you log in. For instructions on how change your preferences, visit Communication Preferences Instructions
Username – Your username is your 7-digit college student ID number with no additional letters or numbers, for example, 1001234.
Password – Your default password is the first letter of your first name (upper case), the first letter of your last name (lower case), and your 6-digit birth date (MMDDYY). For example, student John Smith was born on January 1, 1997, and his student ID # is 0123456. John’s login information would be:
Review the Admission Requirements (PDF) and Enrollment Steps (PDF), then complete the International Admissions Requirements Checklist (PDF).
- Affidavit of Support (PDF)
- Financial Verification from Sponsor’s Financial Institution (Bank statement or letter from your sponsor’s bank)
- Cost of Attendance Acknowledgement (PDF) – Review and sign with your sponsor
- High School or College Transcripts In English Translation
- Transfer Students - Transfer Eligibility Form (PDF) (If currently attending another U.S. college or university)
- English Proficiency Test Score Report from one of the following:
- Duolingo English Test, Minimum score: 97. The Duolingo English Test is an online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under an hour. The test is taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Reedley College when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
- A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500 paper base, 61 IBT, 173 computer base is required from students who are "out of country". It is advisable that the TOEFL is taken early to ensure that this information is received at our office by the application deadline. For more information on the TOEFL please visit the
TOEFL website. If you studied English at a Language School in the United States, we accept a TOEFL score of 460 paper base, 48 IBT. If you attended college or high school in the United States the TOEFL requirement is waived. If you studied English in your Country, the TOEFL requirement can be waived with a letter from the school or college you attended.
- IELTS Score Requirement: An overall band score of 5.0 is required from students applying from their home country. An overall band score of 4.5 is required if the student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. Transcripts are required from the English Training Program.
- Copy of Passport
You will receive our initial decision via email. If denied, you will receive an explanation for that decision.
Newly Admitted Students (Out of Country Students)
New Students from out of the country will receive the following documents which will be used to apply for your F1 Visa:
- An Acceptance Letter
- Form I-20
These two official documents will be emailed to your SCCCD email account. Be sure to activate your SCCCD email to receive important communications from our office.
Once you receive your acceptance letter and I-20, pay your I-901 SEVIS fee and then apply for your student visa.
Transfer-In Admitted Students (In Country Students)
An acceptance letter will be delivered via email. That letter must be presented to your current DSO to arrange and authorize the transfer of their SEVIS file to Reedley College.
Visit the Residence Hall page on our website.
For Residence Hall Questions, please contact:
The Meal Program is a declining balance system where students may choose any type of food offered in the Cafe. The Tiger Cafe (Cafeteria) is open when school is in session: Monday to Thursday 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Complete the Online Orientation. Use the username and password instructions described in Step 2 above. Under "Role" select "Student" from the dropdown menu and then click "Login". Once you login, click on “Enroll in Course” and complete each of the orientation modules. After completing the orientation, you will receive a confirmation email to your SCCCD student Email account.
Also, make an appointment with your Academic Counselor to plan your courses.
Email your planned courses to firstname.lastname@example.org and staff will enroll you into your requested courses. Send your email from your SCCCD email account and include your 7-digit student ID number.
Before the Semester Starts
Details regarding the mandatory in-person Orientation will be emailed to all accepted International students. The Orientation will take place on the Friday before the semester begins. Please plan to arrive at Reedley College before that day.
Visit the Business Services - Fee Payment webpage or select “Student Finance” on the “Home” page of your Self-Service account in order to pay your fees by the deadline. You may access Self-Service via “My Portal”.
Preview which textbooks are required and purchase or rent from the RC Bookstore online.
Textbook information can also be located in Self-Service by clicking on the “My Bookstore” link in each course section information or in Canvas by clicking on the “My Bookstore” icon located on the sidebar along the left-hand side of the page.
Once the Semester Starts, Do the Following:
If you are waitlisted for a class when the semester starts, you still need to attend the first day. If there is room available, the instructor will grant add authorization to enroll in the class.
If you are waitlisted for an online course, you will need to email the instructor to ask if there is room for you to enroll in the class. You can find the instructor’s contact information when you click on the course link under “section name and title” column in Self-Service. If there is space available, the instructor will grant add authorization to you.
If you receive add authorization for one or more courses, send an email from your SCCCD email account to email@example.com. In the email, include your 7-digit student ID #, and the course names and 5-digit section numbers.
Meet with a counselor to complete a comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP) so that you have a plan for each semester of your academic pathway at Reedley College.