If may be eligible for the RC CalWORKs Program if you meet eligibility requirements:
- Must be currently receiving cash aid assistance for yourself and your children through Fresno County Department of Social Services (DSS) or the Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA).
- Must be in good standing and have an approved CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work (WTW) plan
Please complete this form if you are interested in learning more about the RC CalWORKs Program or contact the RC CalWORKs Coordinator, Dr. Eve Castellanos at 559.494.3504 or email us at email@example.com. If you are already participating in a Fresno or Tulare County CalWORKs program and have not connected with us on campus, you may have your Job Specialist, Case Manager, or Self-Sufficiency Counselor refer you to our program!
The CalWORKs Program is designed to offer student support services to community college students who are also parents and actively receiving cash aid from the county department of social services. The Reedley College CalWORKs Program works with the Counties of Tulare and Fresno to help students achieve their educational goals so you can establish a career that will help you and your families become financially self-sufficient.
The CalWORKs Program is one of several student support service programs offered at Reedley College. All of these programs have different eligibility guidelines and offer various services that are meant to help you reach your educational goals. You can be in more than one program at the same time, if you qualify. Learn more about the different student service programs available at Reedley College.
- Academic & career counseling/advising provided through confidential case management services
- Assistance with registration and financial aid
- Assistance with funds for required books and supplies
- Assistance with child care at the RC Child Development Center. You’ll receive priority enrollment!
- Assistance with transportation costs
- Work study (on-campus employment). Earn $ in addition to your cash aid grant while you gain valuable job skills!
- Life Skills Classes:
- Coun 281: Life Strategies for Succes
- Coun 282: Practical Money Skills for Life
- Coun 282: Parenting Strategies and Family Relationships
- Personal & professional development workshops
- Referrals to on & off campus services
Please call 559.494.3504 to schedule an appointment over the phone.
We offer phone, Zoom and in-person appointments for your convenience. After the appointment is made, you will receive an appointment reminder from Starfish that will be sent to your RC student email address. We recommend that you check your student email frequently as this is how you will receive important information regarding financial aid, registration, contact with your instructors, and other important student support services.
For more information about Starfish – please visit our Starfish For Reedley College Students Webpage
Learn how to use Starfish by joining our Starfish for Students Canvas Course
You can also contact the CalWORKs staff directly so we can help support your success in school:
|CalWORKs Coordinator||Eve Castellanos|
|CalWORKs Counselors||Blanca Rivera|
|Office Specialist||Julie Davidson|
Reedley College offers FREE food to students through our Tiger Pantry and Drive thru food distribution once a month. If you need to visit the food pantry or need help with other things, please visit the RC Basic Needs Page.
Reedley College uses the Guided Pathways model. Each Pathway has a team of people who work closely together to provide you with specialized counseling, in addition to your CalWORKs Counselor, in support of your major. If you don’t have an assigned counselor and you’re unsure of your major, you should connect with a CalWORKs Counselor to explore your options.
You can learn more about the majors offered at Reedley College and the pathways they fall under by clicking on the links below: