Students and staff gathered on the Administration Lawn for a 60th birthday celebration for the Clyde statue, which has become a landmark for the campus and the City of Reedley. On February 19, 1959, Clyde was unveiled to the Reedley College family. He was designed by sculptor Carroll Barnes in Three Rivers. The Bengal tiger redwood statue is 15 feet long and nine feet tall. The wood used to carve him came from Hume Lake. Refreshments were served, including root beer floats from Tap Truck Cen Cal. Student artwork of the statue was displayed, and the story of how students helped pay for Clyde was written by Director Of Marketing and Communications George Takata that was featured in the event program. Total cost of the statue was $2,000. Attendees included Interim President Donna Berry, Board of Trustees member John Leal, and members of the classes of 1959 and 1960.