For a complete list of outcomes mapping and assessment reports and other informational items see the RC Blackboard site.
Reedley Collge General Education Learning Outcomes (GELO'S)
Students graduating with an associate degree from Reedley College will be able to meet the following student learning outcomes:
- Interpret various types of written, visual, and verbal information.
- Organize ideas and communicate precisely and clearly to express complex thoughts both orally and in writing.
Critical Thinking and Information Literacy
- Analyze quantitative information and apply scientific methodologies.
- Employ critical and creative modes of inquiry to solve problems, explore alternatives, and make decisions.
- Synthesize researched information obtained from accurate, credible, and relevant sources to support, advance, or rebut an opinion.
Global and Community Literacy
- Analyze the fine arts, humanities, and social sciences from cultural, historic, and aesthetic perspectives.
- Apply historical and contemporary issues and events to civic and social responsibility.
- Demonstrate sensitive and respectful treatment of a variety of ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Assess current knowledge, skills, and abilities to further develop them and apply them to new situations.
- Incorporate physical and emotional principles to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Make ethical personal and professional choices.
Approved by College Council May 13, 2009