The College Office of Research & Evaluation (CORE) has adopted, adapted, and affirms the following overarching principles from the Association of Institutional Research (AIR) regarding the use of data to facilitate insights and improve decision making. These principles guide us as we promote the use of data, analytics, information, and evidence to improve student success and institutional effectiveness.
- We act with integrity:
- We recognize the consequences of our work. The analytic algorithms and applications we build and/or implement, as well as the policy decisions incorporating information we analyze and disseminate, impact people and situations.
- We acknowledge that the individuals whose information we use have rights, derived from both legal and ethical principles that can cross national borders.
- We make intentional efforts to protect their information from misuse or use that could cause them harm. We protect privacy and maintain confidentiality when collecting, compiling, analyzing, and disseminating information.
- We act as responsible data stewards. We secure the data and information over which we have control, following generally accepted guidelines and professional standards for physical and electronic security and data sharing.
- We provide accurate and contextualized information. We do not knowingly or intentionally mislead the consumers of our information.
- We deliver information and analyses appropriate to the questions being asked, to the quality of the data available, and to the context in which the questions are asked.
- We seek to be fair, transparent and minimize personal biases in our research assumptions, methodologies, and conclusions.
- We avoid conflicts of interest, and disclose them when unavoidable, particularly with third parties and vendors. We act in the best interests of our institutions, students, and stakeholders.
- We strive to make our work accessible to those who need data, information, and analysis to generate insight and make decisions.
- We share knowledge of the Institutional Effectiveness field and its application so we may facilitate insights and promote common understanding to our stakeholders.
- We value lifelong learning and the enhancement of our field. We draw on and contribute to relevant and emerging scholarship and educate ourselves on developing trends. We utilize those methods and techniques for which we have or can obtain, appropriate knowledge and capabilities
STUDENT AND ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES
- Athletics Strategic Plan Brochure 2019
- Distance Education Strategic Plan 2018-21
- Educational Master Plan 2015-2025
- Farm Lab Action Plan 2018.2022
- Human Resource Staffing Plan 2014
- Professional Development Plan 2019
- Strategic Plan 2017-2021
- Student Equity Plan 2019-2022
- Student Success and Support Program Plan 2015-2016
- Athletic Department Strategic Plan
- Enrollment Management Plan
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Marketing Plan
- Reedley College Integrated Planning Handbook
- Technology Plan 2018-2022
*Contact Darnell Harris for any accommodations in reading these documents.
- Annual Report
- Institutional Effectiveness Report
- College Planning Reports
- Equity Research
- Fast Facts
- Governance Assessment
- Job Placement Report
- KPI Scorecard
- Licensure Exam Rates
- Mission Statement Review
- Outcomes Assessment
- Perkins Planning Data
- Program and Department Review
- Research Studies
State and Regional Resources
- California Association for Institutional Research (CAIR)
- California Community College CTE Outcomes Survey
- California Community College Data Element Dictionary
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office Data Mart
- California Community College Data on Demand
- California Community College Guided Pathways
- California Community College SalarySurfer
- California Community College Scorecard
- California Community College Strong Success Metrics
- California Community College Strong Workforce Launchboard
- California Community College Student-Centered Funded Formula Dashboard
- Adult Education Pipeline
- Community College Pipeline
- California College Guidance Initiative
- California Department of Education - K-12 (Data Quest)
- California Postsecondary Education Commission
- California State University - Analytical Studies Data Library
- The Research and Planning Group (RP Group)
- Student Right to Know Trends - (California Community College Transfer and Award Rates)
- University of California - Statistical Tables on Student Enrollment, Degrees Conferred & Personnel
Federal and National Resources (Section Title)
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) Research
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- Department of Education Scorecard
- Education Commission of the States
- Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Integrated Postsecondary Education System (IPEDS)
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- Office of Vocational and Adult Education, U.S. Department of Education
- School Matters.com (K-12 student performance data)
- Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
- Survey Development Best Practices
- S. Census Bureau
- S. Department of Education
- The Internal Review Board reviews research projects that involve human participants to uphold two broad standards: first, that participants are not placed at undue risk; second, that they give uncoerced, informed consent to their participation.
- With representation from a wide range of disciplines and from outside the academic community, the IRB gives prompt but individualized attention to the numerous research projects at the university.
- If you are interested in conducting research at Reedley College, please submit associated documentation to Darnell Harris at email@example.com.
For more information contact the Reedley College College Office or Research and Evaluation by e-mail. Contacts are listed below:
Darnell Harris, M. Ed.
Director of Institutional Research, Evaluation, and Planning
Ignacio P. Faria, MS
Research and Planning Analyst
(559) 638-0300 x 3157