Additional Student Resources
The College has available laptops and accessories to loan to students as needed. Please contact the technology department at 559-637-2555.
Students can access technology support services by contacting the Student Help Desk.
Students who have technology questions may contact the campus technology department at 559-637-2555.
Online Learning Resources for Students
This may be your first time taking an online course. The California Community Colleges have developed a series of videos that address the real challenges experienced by online students, new and experienced, while pursuing success in online classes.
- Online Library Resources
- Introduction to Online Learning (Links to an external site.)
- Getting Tech Ready (Links to an external site.)
- Organizing for Online Success (Links to an external site.)
- Online Study Skills and Managing Time (Links to an external site.)
- Communication Skills for Online Learning (Links to an external site.)
- Online Reading Strategies (Links to an external site.)
- Career Planning (Links to an external site.)
- Educational Planning (Links to an external site.)
- Instructional Support (Links to an external site.)
- Personal Support (Links to an external site.)
- Financial Planning
Comcast Is Offering 60 Days of Free Internet for Low-Income Families
Getting Started with Zoom
How to I use Zoom on my PC or Mac?
After downloading Zoom, learn how to use the Zoom Desktop Client.
How to I use Zoom on my iPhone?
Getting started with iOS
How to I use Zoom on my Android?
Getting Started with Android
Joining a Meeting
How do I join a Zoom meeting?
You can join a meeting by clicking the meeting link or going to join.zoom.us and entering in the meeting ID. Learn more about joining a meeting.
How do I join computer/device audio?
On most devices, you can join computer/device audio by clicking Join Audio, Join with Computer Audio, or Audio to access the audio settings. Learn more about connecting your audio.
Do I have to have a webcam to join on Zoom?
While you are not required to have a webcam to join a Zoom Meeting or Webinar, you will not be able to transmit video of yourself. You will continue to be able to listen and speak during the meeting, share your screen, and view the webcam video of other participants.
My video/camera isn't working.
Read tips on troubleshooting a camera that won't start or show video.
There is echo in my meeting.
Echo can be caused by many things, such as a participant connected to the meeting audio on multiple devices or two participants joined in from the same local. Learn about common causes of audio echo.
Audio isn't working on my mobile device.
Read tips on troubleshooting audio that isn't working on your iOS or Android device.