Kings River Review
Beginning in fall 2021, The Kings River Review will be publishing artwork, creative nonfiction, short fiction, and poetry of community college students from across the country and feature a Reedley College writer and artist in each edition. Submission selection and journal design is by the students in English 15J, Literary Journal Publication. Our desire is to produce a journal that reflects the emerging voices and visions of community college students, designing a space for their creative expression.
Submission deadlines: November 1 for the fall issue
April 15 for the spring issue
Artwork & Photography: Up to 5 pieces sent as .JPEG files
Creative Nonfiction: Up to 3,000 words
Fiction: Up to 3,000 words
Poetry: Up to 5 poems
All literary submissions must be:
- formatted in Microsoft Word or RTF file (.doc, .docx, or .rtf).
- formatted in 12 point, Times New Roman font.
- double spaced.
- free of mechanical and grammatical errors. The Kings River Review reserves the right to make any editing changes deemed necessary.
- original, previously unpublished work. Non-English submissions must include English translations.
In the body of your email:
- Indicate the genre and title of each submission (Artwork, Creative Nonfiction, Fiction, or Poetry).
- Include a biography, including the name of your college (fewer than 50 words).
- Include your email address, street address, and phone number.
How to Submit: Email your submissions following the above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified via email regarding acceptance and/or work we cannot accept.
Questions? E-mail us: email@example.com
- the Kings River Review reserves editorial control of all material submitted and protect all rights.
- the Kings River Review acquires first North American serial and online publication rights of material selected for publication; authors and artists retain all other rights to the material.
- Payment in copies.