Essentials of Supervision & Leadership
With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new supervisors need training that helps them adjust to their new role. Learning how to supervise your new employees on a trial and error basis can lead to discouragement. This workshop can help you overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter, and set the groundwork for a successful change in your working life!
- Learn essential skills needed by all supervisors
- Strong supervisory skills lead to improved productivity, greater employee satisfaction, higher quality work, and employee retention
- This program will benefit supervisors in all workplaces and sectors
Who Should Attend
- Managers, front-line supervisors, leads, new supervisors, supervisors who need a refresher, workplace coaches and mentors, anyone wanting to be a better leader
Responsibilities, Action-Centered Leadership & Planning
This workshop will clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position and learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role. You will also recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization, and learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
Setting Goals and the Leadership Model
This workshop will take you through steps between dreaming and achieving, by setting goals and taking action. You will explore the many facets of leadership and the Situational Leadership Model. You will complete an in-class self-assessment to determine your leadership style that we will explore together.
Team Building, Communication, & Motivating Employees
This workshop will explore what a team is, the advantages and disadvantages of teams, and developing high performance teams through problem solving and leadership. This session will define communication focusing on listening, questions and probing techniques as well as the communication process. Finally, this session will develop strategies for motivating your team.
Feedback, Delegation, Conflict Resolution, & Discipline
This workshop will focus on giving employee feedback and the six characteristics of effective feedback. We will define the importance of delegation and how to properly do it. This session also looks as the conflict resolution process and the problem-solving process. This workshop concludes with a study of disciplinary issues from a supervisor's point of view.
Online Class Dates & Times:
- Tuesdays: July 11, 18, 25, and August 1, 2023 | 1:00 - 5:00pm
- Online via Zoom (link provided after registration)
In-Person Class Dates & Times:
- Tuesdays: April 18, 25, May 2, and 9, 2023 | 1:00 - 5:00pm
Clovis Community College Herndon Campus, 390 W Fir Avenue, Building A, Room 210, Clovis, CA 93611
- $320 - per person, all 4 sessions
- Class material included
- *$80 - with ETP for Qualifying Companies, Government Agencies, and Non-Profits
- Qualifying companies can send employees for a discounted rate of $80 (all four sessions) through the Employment Training Program (ETP) funded by the Employment Training Tax. Contact Celia Zamora for additional information.
Cancellations received up to five (5) working days before the course start date are refundable, minus a $25 processing fee. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire course fee. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are responsible for payment.
Space is limited! Registration in advance required! Contact Celia Zamora for additional information, or call 559.243.7534