Produce Safety Training
This Produce Safety Alliance (PSA) Grower Training Course is recognized by the FDA to satisfy the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) training requirement.
This course satisfies the FSMA Produce Safety Rule that states:
At least one supervisor or responsible party for your farm must have successfully completed food safety training at least equivalent to that received under standardized curriculum recognized as adequate by the Food and Drug Administration.
What You'll Learn
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Soil Amendments
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water (Part I: Production Water; Part II: Postharvest Water)
- Postharvest Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
About the Certificate
After attending the entire course, participants will be eligible to receive a certificate from the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) that verifies they have completed the training course. To receive an AFDO certificate, a participant must be present for the entire training and submit the appropriate paperwork to the trainer at the end of the course.
Online Participation Requirements
- Must work with or be part of the California Specialty Crop industry.
- Class available only to farmers, growers, farm managers, farm key personnel, and farm labor contractors.
- Provide a copy of your valid Identification Card prior to class attendance.
- List of Speciality Crops
- Laptop, tablet, or mobile device with a front-facing camera
- Agree to have a front-facing camera on during the entire class (verifies attendance and allows us to certify you)
- Stable internet connection
- Download Zoom application and open free Zoom account
- Produce Safety Grower Manual (mailed to you prior to class)
Dates & Times
$25 per person
Note: This program is supported through grant funding allowing a registration fee of just $25; the program normally costs $199.
Call 559.243.7534 or email Celia Zamora with questions or requests for private corporate training.
Cancellations received up to five (5) working days before the course start date are refundable only after the Grower Training Manual is returned. After that, cancellations are subject to the $25 course fee. Please note that if you do not cancel and do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.