Information Literacy / Research Instruction for Your Students
Reedley College Library faculty provide research instruction and support tailored to the needs of your students by:
- Providing research instruction specific to your course topic and objectives
- Providing course or subject guides developed for a specific course
- Working with your students as a group or one-on-one to articulate a research question and identify the types of information needed
- Collaborating with you to provide information-rich assignments
Schedule an introductory library research session by contacting the library by phone (559) 638-0352, or fill out the library instruction request form.
Reedley College Library Collection
The Library currently has over 40,000 titles, 86 print periodical subscriptions, and 8 newspaper subscriptions. This collection includes over 30,000 electronic books and subscriptions to over 20 electronic databases, which provide access to full-text periodicals.
- We encourage faculty to participate in the collection development of Reedley College Library. Suggest a title or resource by filling out the faculty recommendation form or contacting Stephanie Curry or Shivon Hess to discuss the library's holdings in your discipline.
|Request Library Instruction
|We are happy to provide research instruction for your students. Instruction is customized to meet the specific needs of your class. Some possible topics include a general introduction to the library and its services, a guided tour of the library’s online research databases, the evaluation of websites for credibility and authority, and information literacy skills.
|We value your suggestions for purchase. If you would like to recommend a title for inclusion in the library’s collection, please fill out and submit our purchase suggestion form.
|To learn about or discuss the library’s holdings on a specific subject area, please contact Thomas Wood,